Open, flexible and distance learning (OFDL) - and online learning - are central to contemporary education practice. Many interested in 'online' learning frequently overlook the valuable knowledge-base available in OFDL. This course is designed to introduce you to some of the core ideas in OFDL relevant to online learning and OFDL practice.
There are six modules in this course:
- Module one: Laying open, flexible and distance learning foundations.
- Module two: Key aspects of distance education.
- Module three: The effective OFDL educator.
- Module four: Successful OFDL learners.
- Module five: The OFDL community.
- Module six: ODFL futures.
Each module consists of various topics, each designed to take about an hour of your time. The hour will include time for any reflection or discussion post you are requested to make to maximise your learning.
This course has been assembled by leading OFDL pratitioners and theorists inolved with DEANZ, the New Zealand Association for Open, Flexible and Distance Learning. Development was jointly funded by DEANZ and Ako Aotearoa, the National Centre for Tertiary Teaching Excellence.