This MOOC examines three key areas of learning:
a) intercultural communication
b) multicultural/multidisciplinary teams
c) patient safety
More specifically this MOOC will address the following:
- What is intercultural communication?
- What are the characteristics of effective intercultural communication and how can we achieve them?
- What do we mean by Multicultural/Multidisciplinary Healthcare Teams (MMHT)?
- Why is effective intercultural communication essential to MMHT?
- What challenges do MMHTs face in learning to communicate through the cultural boundaries of each other’s cultures?
- What is patient safety?
- Why do we need to be concerned about it?
- Why effective intercultural communication within MMHT is the key to patient safety?
If you are a health professional I hope that this short course will help you to reflect deeply on your practice and that of your colleagues; if you are or have been a patient, I believe that as a human being you will also benefit by reading and discussing some of the content in this course with others who are following it.
Language taught in: English (United Kingdom) with some content and discussion in Greek, Italian, Danish, Romanian.
This MOOC was developed by the IENE5 team
Senior Academic Developer
Centre for Academic Practice Enhancement (CAPE)
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
- ICN ICN
Professor of Transcultural Health and Nursing
School of Health and Education
- Tarek Zoubir
Edunet Nursing School